- Do you know when [fish or shrimp] will be back in stock?
Due to the COVID-19 situation, our stock selection is lighter than normal. Although we are still receiving imports, delivery dates are not guaranteed as commercial airline flights from import countries have been impacted. We will be releasing a stock notification tool so that you can subscribe and be notified immediately of restocks on directly on the product page.
- Can you import a specific item for me?
We are unable to take special requests at this time.
- Can I order fewer fish or shrimp than the amount listed for sale? I only need one.
We are unable to break the order quantities to less than the specified amount. Our business is designed to service experienced hobbyists and small businesses. If this is your first time buying fish, or are if you are looking for an individual fish/shrimp, we recommend visiting your local pet or fish store.
- Can I mix-and-match my order? E.g. 2 Red Cherry Shrimp, 1 Yellow Rice, 1 Blue...etc.
Picking out fish and shrimp is a very delicate and labor-intensive process and we are unable to accommodate mix-and-match requests at this time. No exceptions!
- Can I request a specific sex or physical feature (Exp: Longest fins or specific color) on my fish or shrimp?
Unless the sex is specifically listed in the title, we cannot pick out fish/shrimp of a specific sex. Sexing fish/shrimp is a very delicate and labor-intensive process, and is not always possible to do. There are some items that come specifically sexed, such as pair items (equal distributions of male and female), male only, or female only. These items will have the sex specified in the title. As for requests for a specific feature or color, this will be decided on a case by case basis. We will do our best to fulfill your request.
- Can I make a deal? I see someone else selling it slightly cheaper, etc.
We import and sell only the highest quality fish and shrimp, and offer them at great prices. We are unable to accept any lower offers, make deals, or offer volume discounts. The price that you see is the price you pay.
- Do you have wholesale pricing?
Yes! If you are a fish/shrimp retailer with a brick and mortar pet store and have a valid business license and reseller's permit, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Once your business information is verified, we can issue you a stock list and pricing schedule.
- Why don’t you ship to Washington? Aren’t you based in WA? Can’t I just pick up my order?
While we are based out of Washington, we are primarily a fish and shrimp wholesaler to local small businesses, and we will not compete with our wholesale customers. We understand this may be inconvenient. However, we truly care for and respect those relationships and want our wholesale customers to have the best chance of success in their retail endeavors.
- What about shipping to Hawaii or other countries (international shipping)?
Due to very strict animal import laws to protect the integrity of local fish and wildlife, we are unable to ship to Hawaii. We are also unable to export our livestock internationally at this time. There are no exceptions to this rule.
QUESTIONS ABOUT MY ORDER:
- When does my order ship?
Our shipping days are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Example: If you place an order on a Wednesday, it may not be shipped out until the following shipping day, which is Monday.
- What does your shipping process look like? Once an order is in our shipping queue, shipping labels are automatically generated. These are prepared both the night prior to and the day of shipping. We review all orders to ensure that the appropriate heat or cold packs are used based on weather forecasts. We flag any orders that cannot be shipped due to inclement weather, or livestock concerns such as poor health. We reserve the right to hold or cancel an order due to these conditions and you will be notified as soon as possible. This is in the best interest of your fish/shrimp arriving to you alive and healthy. Our team then works to carefully pick and inspect your fish and shrimp to make sure they are good to go. If the fish/shrimp are not healthy, we will not send them out and your order will be flagged. We want your fish or shrimp to have the best chance possible to make it to you alive, and sending them healthy is our number one priority. If it’s all clear. your order is packaged, labeled, and dropped off at the USPS or UPS shipping facility for shipment to you.
- I just received my tracking number and it’s not telling me where it is. Why is that?
We know you’re excited to get your fish/shrimp! If you remember, pre-tracking information is created first, and it must be scanned into the facility. Please allow 24-48 hours for your tracking information to update.
- I have a question about shipping delays, redirections, missed deliveries, etc.:
All questions related to shipping once our order has left our facility should be redirected to USPS directly as we are unable to provide any further information. Please have your tracking number available for faster service.
The COVID-19 situation has impacted the USPS delivery system and you may see expected delivery dates extended beyond the 1-3 Day Mail standard. Once packages arrive at their 2nd service location, we frequently see these packages updated to faster delivery dates.
- My package was lost in transit, how do I file a claim?
You can file a claim here: https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm. You will need to register with the USPS for a free account. In order to file a claim you’ll need to provide:
- Your tracking number
- A confirmation email regarding your order (invoice)
- You must file 15 after days but no later than 60 days
- My order has shipped but the address is wrong, can I change it?
Yes, as long as tracking information has not been created. Send an email within 24 hours of placing your order with the heading “URGENT: Change of Address Requested for Order #XXXXX”. Once an order has shipped, we are unable to change the delivery address.
- I got my order and there was a DOA or I didn’t receive an item. How do I get it fixed?
For DOAs, please read our DOA Policy and file a claim. For all other concerns, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number. Thank you!
- Is it possible to return my fish or shrimp for something else?
We are unable to accept returns on any livestock item--no exceptions. We would recommend you donate them to your local pet or fish store so they can find a good home.
9. Can I cancel my order?
Yes, as long as tracking information has not been created for your order, you can reach out to us at email@example.com with your order number and request. Once a tracking number has been issued, we cannot accept any cancellations.
DOAs (dead on arrivals) are an unfortunate part of shipping and receiving livestock. We do our best to ensure that all fish and shrimp are healthy before leaving our facility. However, shipping stress or other factors such as shipping delays and inclement weather can cause losses in transit.
Fortunately we have a very fair and simple DOA claims process. If your fish/shrimp arrive dead, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of receiving the your order to file a claim. We require a photograph of the DOAs for your claim to be approved. If your claim is approved, we will issue a refund for the part of your order that was DOA. Please provide clear photos of the fish on a piece of paper or paper towel along with photos of how the fish arrived in their shipping container.
We work with small livestock, purchasing live aquatic animals is not like purchasing hard goods. If the fish/shrimp that you order get sick, we will put your order on hold. We do not ship sick livestock. This is in the best interest of your fish/shrimp arriving to your doorstep alive and healthy. Sick fish/shrimp rarely survive the shipping process, and could spread disease in your tank. Your order is always subject to holds or cancellations if our stock isn’t well. If you order multiple items and one of the items is placed on hold due to poor health, we will ship your order without said item and refund it.